Saturday, February 13, 2010

Big Bear Lake, CA - Ice and Snow

This year Big Bear Lake, CA had an epic snow storm. Most of Southern California experienced flooding that damaged many buildings in the coastal cities. But we were absolutely buried in frosty precipitation. There are different cities in the Bear Valley area like Moonridge, Fawnskin and Sugarloaf and they all took their own measure of beating, but what I was amazed by was the sense of community and brotherhood.

At first I began to question living in Big Bear because of these scenarios but now I feel a sense of confirmation. Rooftops are covered in feet of snow and holding, Chimneys are heating homes where the power is out. But all in all these abodes are boding well. And now my family is snuggled by the fire playing Yahtzee and telling stories by candlelight and strolling through the streets of fantastic snow hills in the early morning.

I admit I was secretly terrified that we would all be stranded and trapped like the Donner Party but as we began to dig out of our driveway, I felt a ray of hope. And then I saw neighbors helping neighbors with their trapped vehicles. And as I walked to the end of my block to search for any evidence of plowed road, I passed smiling faces and welcoming waves. We asked each other if we needed anything and offered our open doors.

When I came home, I was happy to see my family again, all finding ways to busy themselves and get to know one another better. I am definitely thankful for all that we have and, in truth, I actually felt at peace in the storm of the decade.

I don't know what it is about our home in Big Bear or the homes down the street from mine, but I am brimming with a new nostalgia that I haven't felt since I was a kid. The snow falls. We dig out. The roads get plowed. The tourists roll in. The stores open. We go out for fresh air. And then we do it all over again.

When I went to the grocery store, I saw a lot of frantic people who were visiting Big Bear for the snow. I am glad we live up here because the security of knowing the area definitely alleviated the stress of the entire situation. Hopefully, we will be able to prevail through any weather conditions in Big Bear.

More information about Big Bear, CA foreclosure Deals and Big Bear Realty in general! feel free ti visit this site : ww.mypropertysolution.com

No comments:

Post a Comment